Produced by one of Japan's eminent breweries, HAKKAISAN BREWERY CO., LTD.
Made of "Kagura pepper", this is the traditional sauce that goes well with any types: white rice, cucumber, soba condiments, and etc...
What is Kagura pepper:
It is traditional vegetable from Niigata prefecture, where Hakkaisan Brewery is from. When you see pepper, you might imagine the rectangular size pepper. But this vegetable has the similar shape as green pepper. Especially kagura pepper from Uonuma, Niigata, has thinner peels, enriched flesh, and tastes rather mild compared to the typical peppers.
Production process and hard work:
Twice a week, the kagura peppers are collected from contracted farmers.
1. They are carefully washed by hands and cut into pieces, removing seeds and the unnecessary parts.
2. After being cut into small pieces, they are mixed with salt.
3. the mixed kagura pepper is put into a net bag and pressed to get rid of water.
4. the sucked pepper is then stored in the "karakko" storage.
5. After a while, sake lees is added and mixed carefully.
After 2 years of aging, they are put into quality inspection and then finally put into a bin.
How do you eat it:
- It can be a great condiment for meat plate or pickled vegetables.
- You can simply top it on a bowl of white rice.
- Side dish for Nabe, Udon, Soba, Ramen, and etc...
Kagura Pepper, dried salt, rice malt
To preserve the quality of the product, avoid direct sunlight / places with high heat and humidity.
- Minimum order amount is $55.
- Free delivery for orders above $100.
- For orders below $100 (excluding delivery fee), there will be a chargeable $10 delivery fee.
- Delivery limited only within mainland Singapore