Japanese Matsutake is available in Singapore now. Best in the season, all natural matsutake is available from Ota Market, Japan's largest vegetable market.
Because of very limited amount in the Market, the delivery date may change per the stability of supply.
- Matsutake is truly the king of Japanese mushroom and autumn foods.
- It grows naturally on the wild root of pine tree, called "Akamatsu".
- Because it cannot be raised by human hands, the very limited amount is in the market; nowadays, the amount in Japanese market decreased, raising the price so expensive.
- Japanese Matsutake is grown in Nagano, Iwate, and Kansai area (Kyoto and Hyogo) such as Tanba-Sasayama, and Sanda area.
"Matsutake mushrooms have the best aroma but it’s shimeji mushrooms that have the best taste."
- There is a famous saying from "Man'yōshū" (万葉集), the oldest extant collection of Japanese poetry. In fact, matsutake is a popular mushroom since around 740. and Hon-Shimeji has also been enjoyed since then.
Iwate or others
5-6pc in case
To preserve the quality of the product, avoid direct sunlight/ places with high heat and humidity.
Images shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual products may vary.
We may replace item from other prefecture in the event of bad weather condition or out-of-stock situation.