- Despite its name "peanuts", this is a type of beans.
- Contains vitamin E, which has antioxidant effect that helps prevent arteriosclerosis.
- Contains Lecithin, vitamin Bs, minerals, fats, protein, and dietary fibre.
How to boil fresh peanuts (rakkasei):
- wash carefully.
- Put them in salt water (salt 3.5%) and boil for 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat and let it stay for 30 to 40 minutes for steaming.
What is the difference between fresh peanuts and cooked ones you see in the supermarket?
- Most of the fresh peanuts in Japan is of Japanese. Those cooked ones are mostly imported oversea. They are unbalanced in shape and have less flavor.
To preserve the quality of the product, avoid direct sunlight / places with high heat and humidity.
Images shown are for illustration purpose only. Actual products may vary.
We may replace item from other prefecture in the event of bad weather condition or out-of-stock situation.