There has recently been a trend recipe on social media for the best recipe for broccoli; Lightly-fried broccoli karaage. This was introduced by Yasui Farm from Ishikawa pref.
Simply you dip broccoli in mentsuyu for a night. Mix with starch and fry for few minutes.
1. broccoli ... 1/2 tuft
2. Japanese soup broth (men-tsuyu) ... 1 cup
3. Starch (Katakuriko) ... 2 tbsp.
1. Cut broccoli into small pieces.
2. Wash with water
3. Put broccoli into the boiling water and let it heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove from boiling water.
5. Put it into a bag and add mentsuyu.
6. Let it pickle for preferably over a night.
7. Add corn starch
8. Fry in 170C-180C oil for few minutes until you see brown burn on broccoli.