- Miryoku ("味緑") is the brand edamame By Tengu Jirushi from Gunma, prefecture.
- It is the higher grade of Shinryoku ("神緑").
- Numata-city, northern part of Gunma pref. is located in the altitude of 350m-750, where the river flows offers the best environment for edamame to grow;
- The temprature difference throughout the day makes it sweeter than normal edamame.
- Miryoku is type born from Ao-mame and Cha-mame. Eugenically, it is ao-mame but has the great flavor of cha-mame. It has great of amount of umami and sweetness.
All about Tengu Jirushi and Miryoku & Shinryoku:
- Tone-Numata area is blessed with the altitude of 250-700m, which allows edamame to grow from end of June until the beginning of October.
- The temperature gap throughout the day is great. They are harvested in the early morning, which is the best condition for edamame.
- The farmers believe in "Safe", "Secured", "Fresh", and "Delicious" as their philosophy.
- They conduct "Green Manure Cropping", which is the agriculture of environmental conservation type, where they prevent underground water from contamination to maintain the healthy soil.
- Every farmers committed to produce under the "organic fertilizer farming system".
- Farmers have invested and introduced in prefabricated refrigerator and frozen stocker to maintain the cold temperature to deliver the safest and freshest edamame.
- They adapt the "Cooling Method" where they store their produces in refrigerator and adding ice pads, that can maintain the freshest quality throughout the supply chain.
- In order to produce the safest edamame, every fertilizer used is registered and comply their rules where they inspect the residual agricultural chemicals.
- They label the farmer's name on the product because every farmer is responsible for guaranteeing the quality.
- Every sugar level is measured as well as sucrose, fructose, and glucose, to produce the most delicious edamame.
To preserve the quality of the product, avoid direct sunlight / places with high heat and humidity.
How to cook:
- edamame with shell ... 250g
- water ... 1L
- salt ... 40g (about 2 tbsp)
1. Cut the tip of each edamame. So that the salted water can go in side to make it taste nice and salty.
2. Prepare edamame in a bowl. Add 1/2 tbsp of salt and using hands, massage so that salt is absorbed inside edamame.
3. Prepare water, add the other 1/2 tbsp of salt and start boiling.
4. When it starts boiling, add the salted edamame.
5. Altough it will stop boiling when cold edamame is added, when you see the boiling once again, lower the heat. And let it heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Do somtimes mix with chopsticks.
- Minimum order amount is $55.
- Free delivery for orders above $100.
- For orders below $100 (excluding delivery fee), there will be a chargeable $10 delivery fee.
- Delivery limited only within mainland Singapore