½ pack firm tofu, cubes
50g carrot, peeled & cut into slices
70g radish, peeled & cut into slices
125g konnyaku, bite size pieces
1 stem scallions, cut into 1" long
50g shimeji mushrooms, slices
100g taro, bite size pieces
1 tbsp sesame oil
½ tbsp oil
For the Dashi Broth
800ml dashi stock ( Ninben Dashi Stock ), ( Ninben Dashi Stock - Iseya Ihee )
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sake
A pinch of salt
1. Boil konnyaku for 2-3minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
2. Add sesame oil and oil in a saucepan and heat over high heat.
3. Put carrot, radish, shimeji, taro and konnyaku into the pan and stir fry for 1.5minutes.
4. Add tofu, then the Dashi Broth ingredients.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through, skimming occasionally.
6. Garnish with scallion. Serve while hot.